Thursday, January 25, 2007

Ice Cream Treat








Walking down the streets, I overheard Kw telling his friends he will 'cheng' ice cream. Without any delay, I pulled a friend of mine with me and we joined them at 7Eleven. Frankly, I was shocked by his sudden generosity because so far, I havent seen him treated anyone of us yet. Hehe. So free ice creams for Sm, Aaron, Luke, Tth and I. Thanks Kw and we love u! So treat us more often ya.

Here is one of the early history of ice cream remains unproven folklore which i read:
Long ago, Charles I of England hosted a banquet for his friends and family. After much preparations, the King's chef had concocted a new dish which was much creamer and sweeter than any other- dinner dessert. Eveyone was delighted and Charles summoned the cook not to divulge the recipe for his frozen cream as he wanted the delicacy to be served only at the Royal table. So he offered the cook 500 pounds a year to keep it that way. Sometime later, however, poor Charles fell into disfavour with his people and was beheaded in 1649. But by that time, the secret of the frozen cream remained a secret no more. The cook, named DeMirco, had not kept his promise.

For more details, visit http://www.foodsci.uoguelph.ca/dairyedu/ichist.html

By the way, Baskin Robbins rocks! strawberry cheese cake is my favourite flavour, though i used to prefer world class chocolate.
If you ever need a companion to slrrp ice cream together, just give me a call.

No comments:

Post a Comment